I can't believe I'm blogging...

...Thus begins the inside life of yet another person - friend, sister, daughter, muso (I love that word), lover of God, lover of life, runner, worshipper - who sits randomly around the world in Jerusalem, Israel and has joined the ranks of those who also sit somewhere and think and ponder and then write...How exciting.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Birthday Greetings...


Hey today is my cousin's birthday...she is 24 years old.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cristine!!! WooHoo...

We always used to call her "Crissy the baby" because she is the youngest of the 4 grandchildren.

Since it's her birthday, and I have nothing else to say, let's talk a little bit about her. Cristine is really cool, lives where all our family is from, in the grandiose City of New York. Queens, to be exact. She is half Irish/half Italian (the Italian being the better half, although the Irish have awesome accents and a gorgeous country with hills and sheep and castles). She currently works in the tape library of A&E in Connecticut and drives a 40 minute commute (without traffic) to work everyday. This is incredible...

I can remember the days of commuting, but I won't get into that.

She loves sports, like let's see: volleyball on tues nights, beach volleyball on wed nights and of course, the company softball league.

And like the rest of us, she loves Italy - and we will always reminisce of our 2 trips to the Motherland with the extended family, all 10 of us shuffling around from city to city, visiting family and having the greatest time ever. We still to this day talk about it everytime we get together, we laugh again at all the jokes my brother would make about us (because all he did was make fun of us somehow) and we still watch the hours and hours of video we have. It's sooo great to watch. Plus the food is out of this world and that's pretty much where the conversation always heads towards, especially with this crowd...

I love my family :)

Hope you don't mind the pic Cris, but I thought the empty pasta bowl was fitting...

5 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, I love your blog! Even though I won't do it myself (well, maybe you'll convince me one day) I'm curious enough to want to read other people's random thoughts!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger alison said...

Em. Love it. Especially since you write like you talk. Not quite as good as hearing it in person though. Come to Japan!
Alison

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It confirms once more that God anointed Italians to cook (that's a general statement because although I love food, I can't cook - except risotto). Ask Matthew about the egg sandwich I made for him one Sunday morning. His speech was certainly seasoned with salt.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! The egg sang-wich story!

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone mentioned Sandwich? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home